Saturday 30 August 2014

A very long catch up...

Well it's been a very long time since I have written a blog entry..

I have done a lot of crafting since the last update...

Christmas 2012, we decided to have a homemade Christmas all gifts had to be home made, so I got making, knitting, crocheting, cooking and jam/chutney making .. I loved it and would love to do it every year but my ideas are a bit limited..


A few knitted winter woollies, the backpack was the first thing I had ever crocheted 



Chutneys, all prettied up for gifts 


Flavoured oils and mincemeat

I also made a food hamper for both of my kids and their partners and they went down well, lots of goodies included shortbread, fudge and cookies..




In the April of 2013 I had a lovely present given to me, a Silhouette Cameo, which is an electronic cutting machine, just right for making cards and 3d models, I have had a great time experimenting with this and had a lot of disasters and failures and quite frankly it nearly made an early exit through the craft room window, until, through a lot of perseverance, things started to come together and with the help of a couple of great Facebook pages dedicated to the Cameo, I got adventurous and have produced some cards and models that I am quite proud of.

Here a few examples of the end results ...






  

At the end of the year my daughter started a little business hiring out vintage china and she also started to sell vintage items at vintage fairs we decided that tea cosies would be a great added extra to sell with the tea pots, also crochet lavender hearts ..




Then we got more adventurous and also added hats, which were very popular and I enjoyed making them, I was really surprised how people really liked them and got the knitting needles and crochet hooks going at record speed..  





Then we were given the fantastic news that we are going to be grandparents, so you can imaged the needles and hook came out yet again a here are a few of the items I have made so far, only a little sample, as not keep photos of everything..


So I wonder what the rest of the year will bring! I am sure that the crafting will go on and on and on..........




4 comments:

  1. Excellent, your crafts always look perfect and you have lots of neat ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cathy, it is always nice to get positive feedback xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah...neato Lizzie-looks like you have mastered that Cameo at last...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been a hard slog but I got there in the end 😁

    ReplyDelete