Monday 5 March 2012

I could do that...

The other day while I was watching a celebrity chef on the TV cooking a fancy macaroni cheese,  I though, I could do that ...

So after a few alterations to their recipe this is how it turned out...

Leek and Spinach Macaroni cheese



Serves 2.

4oz Macaroni ( cooked )

half a leek
2 nuggets of frozen spinach..defrosted
1 large mushroom.. sliced
half a tub of ricotta cheese..1 egg,  beat these together
3oz cheese grated
salt and pepper
2 slices of bread made into breadcrumbs 
1 teaspoon of Parmesan cheese

Saute the leek then add the spinach, add the ricotta cheese and egg mix,  grated cheese , and mushrooms.and season to taste put into an ovenproof dish 

Mix some grated cheese and the parmesan to the breadcrumbs and put on the top of the mixture.

Bake for roughly 30minutes, serve with salad or vegetable.



3 comments:

  1. How weird is that? Just about to comment on this lovely dish when, guess what? You're favourite Eric Burdon song came on the radio! Anyhow, this was very tasty Lizzie,especially enjoyed the breadcrumb topping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed it....

    San Franciscan nights?..my favourite

    ReplyDelete